Based on the Civil Aviation Act, the Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP), Letové prevádzkové služby Slovenskej republiky, štátny podnik (LPS SR, š. p.) has been authorized by Transport Authority, to perform the flight calibration service. Based on this authorization from 1. 1. 2020, LPS SR, š. p. has enriched its portfolio of provided services by Flight Calibration Services. All the calibration tasks are transferred under responsibility of new Flight Calibration Department and its employees, who have many years of experience and expertise in the field of providing calibration services.
For a comprehensive solution including flight procedure design, see Instrument Flight Procedure Design.
LPS SR, š. p. now continue in this tradition as this service had been provided by state legal department since 1993. The main users of flight calibration services are not only from Civil aviation industry, but also Military air navigation services providers as well as airports and organizations focused on research, development, manufacturing and maintenance of various NAVAID systems.
At the same time LPS SR, š. p., became operator of the Flight Calibration Aircraft - Let L-410 UVP-E-LW.
- Flight Calibration Aircraft
The Let L-410 UVP-E-LW aircraft is two – turboprop engine airplane designed for passengers, mail and cargo transportation, known especially for robust all metal construction, designed for take-off and landing on paved as well as unpaved runways and for operations in difficult climatic conditions.
The Flight Calibration Aircraft is primary not used for passenger transportation, but especially for providing the flight calibration service.
General description of the Flight Calibration Aircraft Let L-410 UVP-E-LW:
Manufacturer Aicraft Industries, a. s. (former Let Kunovice, a. s.) Engine Two turboprop engines, type: Motorlet M 601 E with maximum power of 560 kW Propeller 5 blades Avia V- 510 propellers Weights Basic Empty Weight (BEW) 4020 kg
Maximum Take-off Weight (MTOW) 5700 kg
Dimensions (WxLxH) 19,98 m x 14,43 m x 5,83 m
- Flight Calibration System
A cabin of the aircraft is specifically modified to accommodate complex Flight Calibration System, which is able to evaluate various parameters of different NAVAIDs. The highest standard of the NAVAIDs evaluation is assured by possibility to vary flight profile setting exactly based on intended tasks.
The Flight Calibration Aircraft is equipped with fully automatic Aerodata AD-AFIS-115 flight calibration system which is capable to compete with various flight calibration tasks. Flight Calibration System is capable to provide precise and efficient flight calibration and validation of the followings NAVAIDs:
• Instrument Landing System (ILS) Category I, II and III
• Marker (MKR)
• VHF Omni directional Radio Range (VOR)
• Non- Directional Beacon (NDB)
• Distance Measuring Equipment (DME)
• Tactical Air Navigation (TACAN)
• Primary Surveillance Radar (PSR)
• Secondary Surveillance Radar (SSR)
• Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B)
• SSR 1030/1090MHz Monitoring
• Precision Approach Radar (PAR)
• Airfield Ground Lighting (AGL) including Visual Glide Slope Indicator (VGSI, PAPI etc.)
• Standard Instrument Procedures (SID, STAR)
• Global Positioning System / Satellite-Based Augmentation Systems (GPS / SBAS)
• Very High Frequency (VHF) Communications / Direction Finder
• Ultra High Frequency (UHF) Communications / Direction Finder
• Area Navigation and Required Navigation Performance(RNAV, RNP) procedures
• Frequency Spectrum Monitoring
- Flight Calibration Crew
The Crew of Flight Calibration Aircraft are employees of LPS SR, š. p and consist out of 3 or 4 people. The two pilots, one operator and one observer when needed. The all crew members passed professional flight calibrator training, which was individually designed regarding to their role. All training is in line with legal requirements for flight crew personal and Flight Calibration Operations.